Oral and Maxillo facial Surgery Medellín
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is surgery to treat many diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the oral (mouth) and maxillofacial (jaws and face) region.
Wisdom Tooth Removal Medellín
The wisdom teeth usually appears between the ages of 16 and 25 (adulthood), Wisdom teeth commonly affect other teeth as they develop, becoming impacted or “coming in sideways”, So it is good extract them before this happens.
The average mouth is made to hold only twenty eight teeth. It can be painful when thirty two teeth try to fit in a mouth that holds only twenty eigth teeth. These four other teeth are your third molars, also known as “wisdom teeth.” These can become problematic.
The extraction of wisdom teeth is necessary when they are prevented from properly erupting within the mouth. They may grow sideways, partially emerge from the gum, and even remain trapped beneath the gum and bone.
In Artica Dental Clinic, We offer specialized sedation for these procedures.
Benefits to the patients:
- Effective pain control
- Effective control of anxiety
- Making the surgical procedure a pleasent experience
- Quick Recovery, Free side effects of general anesthesia
- Highly qualified specialist
We offer a special sedation dentistry in treatments and procedures like Wisdom tooth extraction
We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry. Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- A hard time sitting still for long periods of time
- A fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- A hard time getting (and staying) numb from anesthetics
Sedation dentistry allows your doctor to provide a variety of dental treatments safely and comfortably for patients who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist. There are several benefits to sedation dentistry, including:
- No memory of undergoing the procedure
- No sense of time while under sedation
- No sense of smell or sound
- No fear or anxiety during treatment
- Patients who have undergone a procedure using sedation dentistry will tell you it is a simple, relaxing way to experience dentistry.